Sunday, March 29, 2009

Arizona Bound

Well, Matt is back on a plane and Arizona bound...along with almost all of my clothes, my coffee maker, grinder, cutting board, and enough silverware to get us through until the house is packed up and entirely moved. His first piece of checked luggage weighed 42 pounds and the second weighed 35. Matt says we need to work better next time to get the second closer to 50. I was very proud of how well we packed. Mind you, he carried on a pretty heavy duffel bag that included my coffee maker.

Funny story tonight - Matt had difficulty getting through security tonight with his carry-on. They had entirely searched his belongings when it occurred to him that it may be the coffee pot. I guess there is a metal strip that runs through it. Well, after it had been completely sniffed, they were able to confidently say that he was not going to hurt anyone on the plane with a coffee pot. However, he did give the security guards a good laugh. I guess they don't see anyone try to get through security with a small four-cupper in their carry-on very often :-) However, this is also the man that got stopped in security, Michigan bound, two years ago with a huge wrench in his laptop bag. Seems during his hot weather trip he placed it in there while typing up test results not thinking he would forget it was there and then try to go through Phoenix security...silly boy.

I left myself with enough clothes to get through the next 7 days of work, and one last weekend. I will be able to pack a pretty good size piece of luggage on Wednesday with my stuff and the dog's too. Today we went and bought Baxter's kennel and "plane kit" which includes bowls that attach to the door, stickers to be placed on the kennel that read "LIVE ANIMAL" and then a pouch for his medical records. I also bought him another bone today so that he would have something to occupy his time while in cargo. I can't even imagine what that must be like...poor baby. Everything else is pretty much done. They are not shipping my car, so I had to order a new one (oh darn) on Friday. Company Vehicles said that it would be delivered quite close to my arrival date. I am glad that I was able to order something and get it that quickly. That is costumer service!

All in all it was a wonderful weekend. I am so glad that we didn't really have a lot to do on the house, so the kids were able to spend some good time with Daddy...and Melissa got her stir fry! The count down to see the kids this next time is longer than it has been (and I won't be around either), so I am slightly concerned that it will be a little harder on the kids. I am really glad that the web cams are now positioned at everyone's houses and the kids have been told that they can talk to us whenever their mom permits them. The time difference makes things difficult (but not impossible), so I am hoping we can establish something that works for everyone. I guess we shall see how things go.

Let's hope and pray that we have another busy week with showings. Last week was GREAT! Now, I just want to see some interest...I know, I must be patient and rely on Him.

Good night for now!


No comments: