Wednesday, April 01, 2009

One More Week!

Well, I officially leave in one week...I am so excited. The count down can now begin!

For the next week I must prepare Baxter and me for our journey. His backpack and the kennel must be prepared with the stickers, and my last piece of luggage must be packed. I really don't have much left to take with me. Matt was kind enough to take most of it last week with him. This will make it much easier for me since I will need to care for Baxter at the airport. I am a little nervous about how all that will go, and really upset that he is too big to travel with me so he will be in cargo. However, I have to get him to Arizona and thankfully, Kristin will be taking me to the airport and Matt will be in Phoenix when I land, so I will have a lot of help.

Tomorrow I will need to work from home since Consumer's Energy will be here to fix one of our pipes. I am glad that we are getting this out of the way now, so that an inspector will not tell us what we already know and then scramble to get it fixed. I am just bummed that it is more money going out the door...selling a house sure is expensive! :-)

I have already started to receive "homework" from my new boss, so that I can hit the ground running when I arrive at ATC on Tuesday. I have been marathon studying/reading up on our capital expenditures; one of my new job responsibilities. I know, ohhh...ahhh. I can hear the excitement in the air. However, I love numbers, and this is what I have been waiting for my whole life - a career in my field, so I am very excited about these new challenges. :-) I was also identified as the ATC Vehicle Fleet Super Shatan today, which will make me responsible for all fleet vehicles on the grounds...some other new responsibilities. I am so ready for this...

I want to let everyone know how blessed I am feeling lately. You, my friends, have truly stepped up these past few days since the announcement of my departure to assist me in the move or just offer moral support. I have "going-away" events planned for almost every day until I leave. That makes me feel so loved. Thank you...each and every one of you...

I also have dinner planned with my family for Saturday that I am really excited about...I love you guys. Although disfunctional at times, we always come through for each other!

No new news on the house...we continue to wait. I am patient.

No comments: