Today was another great day with the exeption of the weather...and even that wasn't so bad.
We started out the day with an awesome visit with Melissa and Tyler in the morning on the web cams. They are doing great! It sounds as though they have had a really nice Spring break with their mother and step father. We were able to sit with them and visit for a little over an hour and then they had to go. We were very happy to see how excited they were to talk with us. Just two more weeks and we will see them. We understand from their mom that both the kids have games on the Saturday we are in town. We are both very excited to take them and watch them play.
After that, we were off to the Chandler Fashion Square Mall. All I have to say is that I really do not need to go into Scottsdale...okay, well, for the exception of getting my obsession for expensive tea filled at Teavana (Em - you know all about that); closest place to get it. So anyway, CFSM has everything anyone would need...Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Banana Republic, and tons of West Coast beachwear stores (Hurley, Pac Sun, Buckle, Stash, Tillies...you name it!) I got a really cute new pair of brown Kenneth Cole heals and another pair of black Madden heals for a steal (Robin and Em - you would be so proud!) I considered it a very productive day with my shopping buddy - truth be told, he picked out the Madden's!
After the mall, Mom and Dad called on the web cams too (gosh, I love the web cams). We are very excited to see them also in two weeks when we come in. We miss them very much.
After our little break, we were off for a bike ride...15 miles! It started to rain the last 6 miles, but with the uphill climbs that we were doing the rain didn't feel so bad. Plus, after it stopped, the most beautiful rainbow appeared that started at South Mountain and ended in the valley. We were at the perfect elevation to view both ends. Yeah, I know, where was my camera? I always have that darn camera every other time...just not at the right time! I hadn't brought it because I don't have a bike bag and I wore my biking shorts, of which do not have pockets. I think now Matt and I can justify one :-)
We made sure our bike ride was productive, and we scoped out a few more communities. We found another home to place on our radar, and it sure is pretty. I still hope there is a chance with Desert Broom Way (our favorite), but I am thankful to see that as houses fall off the radar screen they are soon replaced with another remarkable home. I do believe, though, that we have settled on staying in the Ahwatukee area. Matt has been sold for about a month now, but I wasn't. It is obvious to me now that it's because I wasn't down here living. The other areas that were on the list (Chandler and Gilbert) are nice, but they don't have the outdoor recreation like the Ahwatukee area provides. I mean, you don't have to drive anywhere - the mountain is right here! Now, there are a few more mountainous areas more south, and we are going to check them out; we are keeping an open mind. However, Matt is only 6 miles from work. I would like to keep him close because of owning the Commander now. I will have a company lease car, so it doesn't really matter. We had another showing today, and have another one scheduled for Monday. Matt and you, Tammie, are pretty certain that the house will sell by a certain date. However, I am not even saying when so as to not jinx us :-) We are in hopes to be looking for a home to put an offer on real soon.
Tonight will be an early evening, for tomorrow we will rise early to visit Risen Savior Lutheran Church. It is one of the LCMS churches in our area (thanks Mom for helping me find some!). The morning traditional service starts at 7:50; Matt picked :-) Then we will hike Picacho Peak! More to come on that tomorrow!!

No comments:
Post a Comment