I am finally getting a chance to enjoy a quiet evening. Everything is pretty much done in the house with the exception of a few drawers that need to be cleaned out and hanging that darn towel ring. I also have to fold one load (a week's worth) of laundry...sure different from when everyone was here.
Wilson is coming over tonight to do the beam on the front porch. I am slightly nervous about what I do once he is done. I mean, it is not warm enough to paint, so what do I do until it is warm enough? What will people think when they come up to the house????? Okay. I need to stop worrying. Everything else has been taken care of - God willing - I will trust in him that this too will be taken care of.
I think I could get used to these quiet evenings. There are so many things that I have wanted to do for myself for a long time. I think I will pull out "my list" and finally get to a few of them. I bought and started reading Living on Live Food, a book by Alissa Cohen about eating a raw and living food diet, but had gotten to busy to really get into it...I think I will this time. I have always wanted to do yoga in the morning and evening...I think I will start. I can at least say that I have kept my promise to myself about the gym - three times a week - and I have done it!
Today, Nissan announced 5 mandatory days that we are required to take through the 2009 calendar year. I was actually happy about them because they will help with the traveling back and forth to/from AZ. In fact, I booked my flight for Easter today; April 8th through the 13th. I am very excited to spend the holiday in our new state and with Matt. I am hoping that he can scope out a few Lutheran churches in the area and have a favorite, so that we can attend church there on Sunday. I am also hoping we can plan a day hike or white water rafting trip at the Grand Canyon during the weekend. I have wanted to do that since 2007.
Unfortunately, I do not have any updates to a possible job lead. I did have a nice discussion with my Director today, and he said that he is still trying to find me a job. I am optimistic that a job will be found; however, realistic too. I guess we shall see.
One last note, Matt finally got my laptop working last night! See, you can accomplish anything when you have nothing but time on your hands and some determination. He is now shopping for web cams for the kids and I. We should have something REALLY soon! That will be so nice when the kids can actually see Daddy. That will make a world of difference.

No comments:
Post a Comment