Wow! What a blessed weekend :-) Today was such a great ending to three wonderful uninterrupted days with my kids. I truly feel like Jacob did in Gen 33 when he answered Esau when asked about the children with him and he said that they were the ones the Lord had been so kind enough to give him. Isn't that the truth!
Today the kids and I got up early, had a good breakfast and headed off to church. Being that I am a Sunday school teacher for 1st and 2nd graders, I get to instruct them while they are there (well, as long as they pick my small group...which they always do!) We got to sing together, pray together and read the bible together in a setting of 12 other boys and girls. It was such an encouragement. I was a little anxious about how much they would participate since they had not been there in a few weeks (and we had a pretty in depth lesson plan today), but there was no shyness at all! Melissa even helped one of my "every-weekers" find the excerpt that we were reading...go Melissa!
After church, we headed home, got changed and then went to Melissa's riding lesson. She is doing so well and really developing her riding skills. Her and I talked about what she might want to do once she comes out to Arizona and visits. She said that she would still like to keep her riding going, so I told her that we would start to look around. I really don't want her to give up something that you can just tell she truly loves just because she is coming out to stay with us for a while. We can figure something out, I am sure.
After a little running around, the three of us came home and relaxed. We played Life, the board game, Melissa and I baked a cake, and and then got ready to finish out the weekend...dinner and baths/showers. We at dinner and ended it with yummy chocolate on chocolate cake. Yumm-0!
I love my kids! Only 5 more days and Daddy will be home for the weekend!

No comments:
Post a Comment