Sunday, March 29, 2009

Gas? Nope

So, it has been a really great last weekend with the kids....it seems so weird to say that. Honestly, it has not sunk in that this is my last weekend in MI with the kids.

Matt flew in Friday night, but did not land until 5:00 am Saturday morning. We did our normal Saturday routine when Daddy is in town...pick-up, breakfast at Ram's Horn in Rochester and then back to the house to relax. Only this Saturday was different...we had two showings at 10 o'clock. So we did go back to the house for about an hour, but then headed over to the cinema at Mound and M59 to pick up our tickets for Monsters vs. Aliens. I had read online that they too had an IMAX theater. I was able to get tickets for the 1:00 showing. The kids were pretty excited. We then ran over to Meijer to pick up dinner for Sunday. It was Melissa's turn to pick and she wants Daddy's stir-fry. It is soooo good :-) We had to do a few "drive-bys" passed the house after shopping because the potential buyers were still in the house. We were able to go back home around 11:15. We had a little lunch and then headed back over to the cinema around 12:30. The movie was excellent. There were lots of parts that were funny that even Matt and I chuckled. Last night, Matt was actually able to bowl on the league which was really nice. Everyone was really happy to see him.

So, onto the subject title. Friday night we had a really great showing. They were here 30 minutes longer than they were supposed to just standing outside in the driveway looking up at the house. We all sat in our cars (Kristin with her three and me with my two) until they left. I don't know much about selling homes, but Kristin said that was a really good sign. Well, later that night I get a call from Diane. She says that she was concerned because the agent thought he smelled gas in the laundry/furnace room. To make a long story short, Matt and I called Consumer's Energy and there is nothing to be concerned about. We just have an old furnace and old pipes. We did find a slight seapage in one of the connections of the piping, but was easily fixed that night. What a relief!

I am really hoping that our home sells quicker than normal. I have everything lined up with the house while I am gone...how friends come through...and feel confident that everything will be okay after I move. Matt is taking two suitcases back with him today, so that all of my clothes will be there when I get there. That is really the only thing I need. Well, and my coffee pot! That is going also.
:-) I just can not wait to get down south with Matt. It is so hard to be away from him.

No calls today, thus far, for showings on the home. I know that I shouldn't wish for a quiet afternoon/evening, but I would really like one. I would love us to be able to stay around here and just play and visit. We shall see how it goes.

I will post more later...

No comments: