Friday, at noon, the garage door guys came to put in our new garage door (Don and Nathan from Garagedoors.com, I believe). They did an excellent job. For how much we paid, the attention to detail far surpassed my expectations. They were there for 5 ½ hours! So now that the garage door is up and it looks so nice, I really want to get the exterior painted. I know that there is nothing we can do about the windows; we are not attempting to replace, but it would be nice if the house was painted. Gutters scraped and a fresh coat of paint on the siding is what I really think the house needs. Wilson was asked and is coming over on Wednesday to replace the front porch pillar, thank goodness, what a God-send! (Thanks Jen!!!) I am going to make some phone calls beginning of this week and get a quote on how much it would cost to get someone to paint. However, if the weather stays in the 40s, which it is forecasted for this week, I may just do it myself. I really don’t think it would be all that difficult. I have a ladder big enough.
Matt replaced the faucets in the upstairs bathroom on Saturday and also helped with the drywall where the medicine cabinet used to be. I am happy to report that he didn’t have to assist much; he was very happy with what had been done. That gave him more time to work on framing in the mirror. I must say that I was very against fixing that because I just did not think that you would see that big of a difference, but you can. It is not completely done yet; however, I hole fill-in and a quick second coat should do the trick. I am hoping to have that done by Wednesday.
There was a nice crack in the wall of the master bedroom next to the east window. After chipping away at the raised paint, I mudded it. It will need a second coat today, and maybe a third on Tuesday. It was not a bad blemish to replace; I just want to ensure it is fixed properly. It is on a highly visible wall. Matt and I also attempted to feed the cable wire down the wall on Sunday unsuccessfully. I now have another hole to fix. I have already placed the wood backing on the hole and screwed that in with drywall screws and the first coat of mud has already been applied. I think that will mend without any notice. So much for cable in my bedroom!
Diane visited us on Saturday to bring over all the paperwork. Matt reviewed it last night on the way to the airport and signed everything. I want to put off listing now until these few things listed above are complete; however, it will matter on Diane’s advice. If she feels it will not hurt us, then I guess we can list at any time now.
It was very difficult seeing Matt off last night. I am not dealing with this long distance thing very well. I know that things will get better…it is just difficult when you don’t know when you will be together again…time continues to march on.

No comments:
Post a Comment