We spent Memorial Day weekend up in MI with the kids. We went to Cedar Point for two of the days and then spent the rest of the weekend at the island. Melissa's birthday was celebrated on Friday and Cade and Callista were able to come and hang out. Melissa and Tyler were very happy to get the chance to see their friends that they haven't seen in a while.
We always have such a good time with the kids. There was lots of laughing, playing and enjoying each other's company. It was sad to see the weekend come to an end. We are already counting down until we see them again. Make sure you check out the pictures on the left.
The house (knock on wood) should be closing on the 10th of June...just 9 more days!!! We have tentatively scheduled for our stuff to get packed by the movers on the 8th and moved on the 9th. We couldn't have done any of it without Mom and Dad. We could never repay you for all that you have done. If it was not for you two, I don't know what we would have done besides had to come back to Michigan for a week or so to get everything squared away. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts. We love you so much. <3
Matt and I golfed our first 18 holes on Saturday with the Nissan crew. It was beautiful!!!! The course is called Southern Dunes Golf Course and it is 7th in the state. The Silver Tees play at 6,329 yards, the Gold Tees play at 6,851 yards, the Black Tees play at 7,337 yards, and the Tips are 7,494 yards - Yes, you read that right. It was a very challenging course. The bunkers alone made the course, as Jim put it, look like Normandy. It used to be a men's only course, but the recession (and women's lib) has taken its toll. That was the view from most of the fairways:

I had never golfed anything like it ever. Absolutely amazing. Of course, my golf game is nothing like my husband's (most of the men hit around 110; Matt hit an 82! Mind you, par is 72, and Matt hasn't golfed in a year!!) He was very patient with me and gave me some great pointers. I actually felt my game get slightly better in the 5 hours we were there. He has promised to take me every Wednesday night to hit balls and we are going to attempt to hit a course twice a month. I used to golf a lot before Matt and I started dating. I was even on a league. All that changed when I started dating Matt. It was nice to get back out on a course.
We finished off our weekend with a drive up to Wickenburg and Yarnell to see if we could find the Honeyman...no luck - wrong time of the year we were told. It didn't really matter; it was a great relaxing drive up in the mountains. I'll have pictures this weekend (can't download my pictures at this time; must go to Walgreens).
I got the coolest present from my husband today - a Polar heart rate monitor watch. I really love it. I have already got it all programmed and ready to go. I used it this evening and it seems pretty intuitive. I can't wait to see what it shows for my hike on Saturday. Matt and I have a poll of how many calories you burn going up Telegraph Pass. It will be interesting to see wich one of us is closest.
Well, as I said, things have slowed down, so I should be able to stay on top of this a little better. Hope everyone had a good Monday. Miss you all!!

No comments:
Post a Comment