Saturday, June 20, 2009

I Found The Teapot!

This has been a great week.

Last weekend, I travelled back to Michigan for Jen's baby shower and to spend some time with Mom, Dad and Uncle Marvin. Jen's shower was very nice and relaxing. It was great to see the girls. Sunday, Dad and I got up early and took the ride to Stockbridge. The drive was enjoyable and allowed Dad and I to catch up. We got to the farm late morning and spent the entire day with Uncle Marvin. The fields are filled with green and the air is crisp. I was so happy that Uncle Marvin was able to walk to the back of the property with me and back to the front. He even climbed up into one of the tractors and started it up! :-) I have some great pictures that I would LOVE to share with everyone. I will take them tomorrow after our hike and then post them later. I think you will get a kick out of some of them!!

Monday was moving day here for us in Arizona. Matt and I took personal days and coordinated the delivery to both the storage bin and the apartment. It was a VERY long day! The trucks did not leave until about 4:30 in the afternoon (and they started at 7:30). However, I must not complain because we have all of our stuff - even my teapot Mom! After going through a few of the boxes tonight, and being persistent, Matt found it for me. He has been such an amazing, supportive, friend through all of this. This has been a very hard week for me. Seeing my home get packed without me being there, having Mom go to the closing for us, and then watch our stuff be delivered here, was somewhat difficult; the closure had come. However, I think that the storm has past. Tonight has been fun. Matt and I have popped popcorn, watched all the Matrix movies (I know, cheesy, but Matt loves them), and made drinks from some of the leftover alcohol that was sent to the house. We laughed because we know that once I get on the trails tomorrow, I will be just fine :-) It is amazing how theraputic our hikes are for me. It is hard to explain...just being out there, on top of a mountian, looking down at civilization below (well, sometimes mattering on where we go), you feel so close to God and the heavens...such an amazing calming affect. :-) Anyway, tomorrow will be fun!

I am not exactly sure what the rest of the weekend will bring, but I will update everyone on Sunday (with pictures too!). Sunday will be our weekly visit with the kids; we are really looking forward to it. Unfortunate that it will only be virtual, but we will be with them in less than a week...and then from there it is only a couple of weeks and they will be here! :-)

Okay, I must get some sleep. Four o'clock comes early, and I need my strength for 16 miles :-) Good night!!

No comments: