Well, it is official. We have placed an offer on a home. We are trying not to get our hopes up too much because it is a short sale, but we are excited to have placed our first offer.
The home is a ranch in the Ahwatukee Foothills. It isn't really big, but it isn't small either; it is just perfect. It has a beautiful kitchen with granite countertops and the entire home has Travertine floors. Melissa and Tyler's rooms are spacious; they will be able to fit all of their stuff and then some! It has the perfect size pool that the kids will love; even big enough for me to do smaller laps in the morning if I would like.
We are really happy that the kids were able to see some preliminary pictures of it on Sunday. I will be bringing my flash drive to Michigan on Thursday, so that I can show them the pictures in person.
It is the perfect home for our family. Now, it is just a wait and see game. The home is not lived in currently, so our Realtor is having some preliminary inspections done on the home. The pool guy is coming on Thursday and we are trying to line up the floor guy. The nice thing about a short sale is that we can back out at any time. And once the bank accepts our offer (which could be tomorrow...or it could be 5 months from now), we have 10 days from that point to back out. Therefore, this is pretty low risk. The only difficult thing right now is that all but one home in Ahwatukee in our price range is a conventional sale. They are all going through the banks. The one nice thing is that Matt and I are pre-approved, the money is there, and we are ready to go when the bank says, "Go!"
Pretty exciting! I will keep everyone posted...I could have good news soon, but definitely later! :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment