Monday, June 22, 2009

Found A Home...Well, Two Actually

This has been a really great weekend :-)

Saturday we celebrated the end of the boxes! Yes, the apartment is finally put together. The boxes are gone, the bed is made, and the laundry is done. I can finally sit down, relaxed, knowing we accomplished A LOT in the past week. We finished the night at Rock Bottom, of course! Father's Day dinner was celebrated with Amanda and Murph over a few great micro-brewed beers...and lots and lots of food!

Today was a milestone. We found two houses that we really like. The first one is AWESOME! It has Travertine tile throughout the entire house! I love it; Matt loves it. Now, we go to the next step. The lender will submit all the paperwork tomorrow, so that we can verify that we have been preapproved (most short-sale homes are like that I was told). Then, it is offer time. We are trying to stay realistic because it is a short-sale home, but we really can't help but be a little excited. Now, if this deal falls through, we do have the other home we saw today that we also really really liked. It is not a short sale home, and is priced to sell. So, either way, we know that we could be looking at being in a home very soon! We are SOOO excited about that!!!!! We showed the kids a few pictures today because we want them to be part of the decision. It just would not feel right saying to them, "This is the house we bought," without them having some foreknowledge. I should be able to give everyone an update tomorrow. :-)

In less than 5 days I will be in Michigan. It will be nice to have a vacation, and of course spend it with my two favorite kids! They seemed very excited that they would be up at the island with Grandma and Grandpa and the rest of their family. Mom told us tonight that Dad is putting the boat in the water tomorrow - awesome! It will be so nice to do a little fishing, have a few bonfires, and hold Melissa and Tyler for 10 days straight! I told Melissa today that I would go and buy her a new bathing suit to get her through the 4th at the island - I know the one she has been eyeing up at Target. After going through their clothes here in the apartment, we realized that we will need to buy them a few more things, LOL, okay, maybe more than a few things. They are just growing so quickly. I took Matt shopping today for Father's Day (and of course had to buy some tea at Teavana for myself), and we found a few t-shirts for Tyler, but he will need more. Melissa and I enjoy shopping together, so we didnt pick her up anything. I will take her the first week they are here, and she can buy what she wants. We will make a "Girls' Day" out of it...it will be so much fun!

Well, looking forward to a short week. Tiff, I went and bought The Undomestic Goddess today. I was going to buy the next book in the Shopoholic series (which would have been With Sister), but Matt said he thought I should try something different. I have already started it, and it makes me laugh. Same humor as the shop series, true Kinsella writing, but just a different story line; seems like it will be a great read - and perfect for my ten days at the island!

There is one thing I am really going to miss while in Michigan (well, besides my husband for the first few days before he gets there), and that is my new girlfriend Amanda. Amanda, I don't know if you have started to read my blog yet (We have only caught each other online with FB), but if you have, I want to say that I have really enjoyed the past few weeks of hanging out with you and Murph (well, mostly you - Matt can have Murph - oh, j/k, LOL). You are such a kindred spirit, and we have so much in common. When you asked me Saturday night if I was really leaving you for 10 days, that made me feel happy because I know we are really starting to become good friends. I am really going to miss you while I am gone. I swear, you are coming with me next time! You would love meeting all my best girlfriends back home. They would LOVE you! :-)

Okay, I must get some sleep. Hope everyone has a good week. If anything changes tomorrow (ie, an offer placed), I will let everyone know (most of you will get a phone call first, LOL)

Good night everyone! Love you!!

No comments: