So, we didn't get the house we originally placed an offer on...in fact, we have placed a total of 5 offers now and the 5th finally took :-) Well, we hope. We really like the house, and hope that all will fall into place so that we can be in by August. The inspections occurred today and the appraisal will be on Monday. They would like to close by August 5th, so if everything goes well, that may be our closing date.
We really lost our shirts in the Troy sale (actually, I think we were naked, LOL), but we thankfully got a really great deal on this home to made up for the earlier loss. Tyler and Melissa have HUGE bedrooms which was one of our priorities because their rooms were so small on Lakewood, and we got the Jack-and-Jill bathroom so that when they come and visit they have their very own bathroom. I think they will be happy. A few coats of paint and they will be their own.
Everything else is going really well. The job is finally smoothing out, and things are just becoming "all in a days work". I really enjoy the people I work with, and feel at home.
This weekend is going to focus on R&R. I need to catch up on my sleep. I also need to go to the gym since the weather is a little too hot to run outside (today it was 115). Amanda and Murph are coming over tomorrow and we are going to hang out by the pool. It should be a lot of fun! :-)
Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

No comments:
Post a Comment