Sunday, July 12, 2009

Recent News and Bad Fortune

I know this is majorly quick to be updating the blog...especially with my track record lately with remembering to do this, but I just had to send a quick update because I think this is so cute.

Melissa had some bad fortune come her way this past week. The poor thing broke her arm!!! She is going to be okay, and thankfully she got a waterproof cast, so she will be able to go in the pool and the shower while she is here (their week at LifeTime may be an issue, but we shall see). Her mother sent us a picture of the cookie bouquet we ordered and sent to cheer her up. Isn't the pic cute? Is anyone surprised her cast is orange? :-) She is such a doll! I am so excited for them to be down here. Only 20 more days!!!

The weekend has been great so far, but certainly not over. Matt and I did all of our chores on Friday night, so that we could have our "pool party" with Murph and Amanda. Saturday we had a very enjoyable day with them. We ended it at Rock Bottom because Amanda had to work.

Today, I have had to do some Nissan work to get myself caught up, and now I am headed to the pool for a while (you seriously can get a tan from about 30 minutes in the sun here). We have to wash the cars and then we Skype with the kids tonight before we head out to meet Murph's friend Kelly; she is in from Denver. I think we are going to Scottsdale, but not sure.

We have driven by the house about a dozen times this weekend, and the excitement is finally starting to build. It looks as though we are all set with the exception of the appraisal from our lender. Once that is done, we are on cruise control until August 5th.

If I hear anything more, I will let everyone know.

Oh, quick note - I am thinking about making my blog password protected because I have some people that are showing up on my tracker that I don't know or are coming up as unknown. I don't know which of you have a google account or not, but want to make sure that if you are a viewer you can still get to it. Mom and Dad Haight - I will walk you through setting up an account, it is easy. Mom Whipple - I believe you have an account because you view the kids' blogs, but am not certain, let me know if you don't and need help. I believe the rest of you have accounts. If not, let me know. I know some people think that blogs are silly, but it is a really great way to keep everyone up-to-date on what is going on, especially now that we are here in AZ. I call most of you on a regular basis, so if you don't want to be added, no big deal. It truly doesn't matter to me. :-)

2 comments:

Tammie said...

please allow katherine and i to still have access to this account it's the main way for us to keep up on your busy life. Congrats on the new place!
T

Olivia said...

Of course, Tammie! :-) Miss you.