Monday, May 11, 2009

It's Spring - And It Is 104 Degrees!

I am really sorry that I have not posted. Call me superstitious, but I have been scared to post because I don't want anything to happen with the house :-) I know, stupid. Okay, let me catch everyone up.

The house is officially sold, but not sold, LOL. We have signed all the paperwork and we are just waiting for the closing now. It is scheduled for June 10th. I am very excited and a little anxious. I know that things will be okay; they have thus far. God, just take us through these last little steps. We have started to contact movers and just need to pin it down to one.
We have started to house hunt officially. We have an agent out here, Dave, and he comes highly recommended by all the guys that I work with. We have been weeding out the houses we like and those that can be put on an alternate list. I am figuring that this process might take a while; there are just so many to pick from...well, maybe it isn't so much that we have a lot to pick from as much as it is that we have a picture of what we want our first house to look like. We have chosen an area. Let me see if I can find a picture:


This is South Mountain. We would like to find a home to the south and maybe a little west in the the Ahwatukee Foothills. Thus far, we have picked out 7 homes that we would like to see. The area is very pretty and the mountains surround you. Matt and I have really fallen in love with hiking and want to be as close as possible (we have barely scratched the surface of the trails). This is a great family area also, which will be great when the kids come out and visit. Of course, if there is a house that we specifically like above the rest, we would like to review it with the kids. Even though they will not be here full-time, we want this to be a family decision - it is their home also. I'll keep everyone up-to-date on the shopping. I believe we will be seeing a few this weekend.

Since the last time I posted, our little girl turned 7. I still can't believe it. When I came into her life she was just three years old - such a little cutie! She had long pigtails and little dimples. Now, she is such a beautiful young lady who wanted to go to Bahama Breeze for her birthday dinner...only she would pick there; she always does! (The last place I took the kids before I left for AZ - they chose) Our Missa - soccer player, singer, artist...we are so proud of her. We love her and miss her (and Tyler) so much.

Mother's Day came and went as well this weekend. I hope that I got a chance to call each of you Mommies, and if I didn't - Happy Mother's Day! I hope your families took good care of you yesterday. My hubby made the whole weekend about me; it was great! Then I got to spend 30 wonderful minutes on the webcams with the kids...you just can't get a better day than that!!!

In the past two weeks, Matt and I have hiked some amazing places. Saturday, May 2nd, took us to Peralta and Cave Trails. It was so beautiful. Here is one of my favorite pictures:



This past weekend we went to Sedona and hiked 15 miles of the Secret Canyon. I would love to share the pictures, but I am still trying to figure out how. We had to buy a new laptop this past week, and it is not compatible with my memory card...still trying to figure it all out. Once I get it working, I will upload, so that you can see.

Many of you have heard about the a/c problems that we have had this past week. Well, they are finally fixed. After a week long of temperatures above 100 and the complex promising to fix the problem, I had had enough. So yesterday, Matt and I went into the Management Office and told them that it was completely unacceptable that nothing had been done. Well, okay, maybe it wasn't as nice as that...but can you blame me? It has been 104 all week long! I love the hot, but you need a break. I gave Baxter two cold baths yesterday just to cool him off...poor baby. But anyway, everything is good and we will be sleeping great tonight!

Well, I think that is enough updates. :-) I will try and stay on top of this better from now on. Love and miss you all.

No comments: