Some quick updates:
So the closing date, we believe, has been changed. It was August 19th, but we believe it has now been moved up to the 12th. We won't truly know until we get closer to the date, but we are ready. We have already given the apartment management notice that we will be out by September 13th and Matt has already lined up the storage bin to provide us a few more days until we can get into the house. Now, we just have to coordinate getting everything out of the bin first and then the apartment since we have a month longer there. Through everything, Matt and I have truly shined as a team, and have proven to ourselves we can handle anything and push through the largest of obstacles. I look back at the things that were thrown at us as a newly married couple back in Michigan and while there were still moments (ohhhh there were moments, LOL), nothing really stacks up to a new state, a new job, a new house, and moving clear across the nation. I love Matt with all my heart; he is such a great partner.
Last week, Amanda and Murph accompanied me to view the home and get their impressions. Amanda and I agreed that the shower curtain in the kids' bathroom was just way too cute to not inquire about it. I asked Dave if he could discuss with Faye (the seller's agent) if I could have it, or even purchase it from them. She not only gave me the curtain but also gave me the rug that is in the bathroom also! Gotta love Dave!! I don't know exactly how he does it, but he does. In fact, he even got the agent to agree to clean the home before closing...outstanding!!! Now, I don't have to spend any time major cleaning the house before we can get in. We can just get the necessities in and then have fun :-)
Kids Visit
Matt and I can not even express how excited we are to have the kids here in Arizona. We have so much planned! We have spent hours researching and surfing the web to find the perfect little getaways and places to visit while they are here. The weather has been extremely hot, so most of it will revolve around water, LOL, but it should be fun. We have scheduled for the kids to be at LifeTime for the first week until Mom gets here, and then Mom will take over after that. After Melissa broke her arm, we were a little worried that we would have to change those plans, but the camp coordinator told us that a boy this week has a broken leg, and they just figured out alternative activities for him. We are also coordinating with the children's grandmother on their mother's side to spend some time with them while she is here visiting. It just so happens that most of them are from Globe. The children will really like that.
Speaking of Melissa's arm, we have finally found a doctor down here that will take her as a patient and that is part of her insurance network. Are we happy that is done! Phew!! I will admit, though, it will be quite interesting to see what her cast looks like when I pick her up on Saturday...maybe we won't even need to take her; maybe it will already have fallen off! LOL When we spoke to her on Sunday, her entire thumb area had already started to disintegrate. It is waterproof, but you can tell that it hasn't been dried properly when it does get wet, so it has started to fall apart. LMBO, sorry, it is so funny! We asked her about it on Sunday, and she just laughed. She is so cute. Gosh, I can't wait to see her. Amanda and I have some special girly things we are going to do with her that I think she will really like...just for her!
Tyler, wow, I don't even know where to begin! I miss him so much too!!! Every time I see him, he has grown a little older, has a lot more personality, and he reminds me so much more every day of his daddy. :-) I can't wait to show him all the boy stuff that Arizona has to offer. Everything around here centers around cowboys and Indians, crazy desert animals, and we are only 5 hours away from Disney!!! :-) Guess where we are headed the first full weekend they are here? We have already made our reservations and got our tickets. We are all set!
Work Outs and Health in General
My Living Well program is going great! I really like the fact that I am back tracking my progress and watching myself succeed every week. Since moving out to Arizona and becoming so physically active, it was an adjustment to eat and drink as much as required to stay healthy. It amazes me that the first few weeks that I was here I cringed when everyone told me I had to drink AT LEAST double if not triple what I was drinking in water. It made me nauseous. Now, I can't get enough. And I am not this little tiny shell anymore that yearns to be that size 2, but I am finding much more satisfaction in my size 6 biking shorts kicking the pants off my husband going up a hill now on foot or by bike (literally, I did this past weekend - we had to stop at the top of a hill because I thought I was going to have to call 911 for him). I am stronger (you should see my leg muscles!), more confident, and happier than I have ever been. I used to go on my hikes to clear my head...too much noise up there (in my head that is). Now, I go on my little adventures to think about ideas and things I want to do next. Hobbies I want to take up. Tiff - when you read this, I am buying the yoga cd's that you recommended this weekend. I have wanted to learn yoga for many years - what better time to start than now!
I believe that this move to Arizona was a turning point for me...in many ways. One major way was that I got away from the noise...completely worthless noise that got in the way of what was truly important to me and that robbed me of my happiness. I hope that each of you reading this have found your happiness or are searching for it...because it is out there.
With that thought, I am going to bed. It is 9:30 and waaaayyyy past my bed time. I love each and every one of you.
Goodnight.

2 comments:
I got all teary-eyed reading this. seriously, i am so happy for you! i am so glad you have made peace with yourself and found the happiness that you deserve. you and Matt have the world ahead of you and nothing to hold you back. yay!
last night i saw a guy from NNA that i used to sit by. haven't seen him since i quit. he said i look like a completely different person now, and that happiness just shines off me :) isn't that such a great compliment? and i know the same will be true for you if it isn't already! something about moving and having a fresh start, even if it is a rough one, can really open your eyes and make you see how strong you are. i am so, so, so happy for you!!!!
:-) Tiff, I want you to know that in many ways, you have been my inspiration. The guy from NNA is right. You are a totally different person. You are not the same Tiff that used to come and chit chat with Robin in I on the third floor, LOL. You have motivated me to keep a good attitude, look on the bright side (when there really didn't seem to be one), and be determined that no matter what you can shine...like you!!!!! You have encouraged me almost every other day with a kind email, a quick IM, or a phone call. Thank you for helping me make my fresh start!
Post a Comment