Before we headed back to the airport on Saturday, we made a surprise visit to the island. The entire Whipple grandkid clan was there! Isn't everyone getting big?
We landed in Arizona around 4 o'clock on Saturday, and the sun was shining; there was not a cloud in the sky! The three of us were quite happy to land. Me especially since I had been on a plane since 10:00 pm the prior evening. Matt was waiting in the cell phone lot for us when we got there. He was a sight for sore eyes!
After dinner, we invited "Mr. Murph" to come over and we all went swimming. It was a really fun evening. We called it an evening around 10 so that we could all get a good night's sleep (plus, technically, that was 1 am for the kids still mentally on Michigan time and that is way past their bedtimes).
Sunday, we packed lunches, water bottles, and our Camelbacks and headed to Sedona for the kids first hike with us (Tyler has done a hike with Nana Kathleen). The kids did spectacular. We were really proud of them. I was really bummed because we had forgotten my camera on the desk in the apartment, but at least I was able to get a disposable one (and the kids said they would probably like to go back :-) ) We did the 1.8 round trip hike to Devil's Bridge and back. It was absolutely beautiful.
Matt and the kids on the bridgeMonday, the kids were off to LifeTime Fitness for their week-long day camp. The kids seem to be enjoying themselves. Melissa is able to do most activities and where she can't, they let her draw...and she LOVES that alternative of course! The week is centered around carnivals, and from what we can gather there will be a little carnival on Friday. That should be entertaining for them.
Monday was also special in the fact that we took the kids over to the house in the evening. They were very excited to see their new rooms and bathroom. They said it was much better seeing it in person, than pictures. I have started to take Melissa bedroom shopping to pick out her new stuff. I am not sure what colors she is going to choose, but I am positive it will involve painting walls...of which Amanda and I can do in an afternoon with some gourmet pizza and some good red wine! :-)
The week is not even half over yet, and I am slightly tired. I definitely didn't catch up on my sleep from all the plane rides and the heat at work really wears me out. If it wasn't for the kids, I would fall asleep at 7 on the couch! My LiveWell program is going great; I feel stronger and stronger as each day goes by - I walked 14,000 steps today!!!! One 4 mile walk in the evening (with my average heart hate at 147, so that was an awesome walk) and then all the walking I do at work...it was a really good day for exercise!
Make sure you check out all the updated pictures. I have posted all the new ones!
Love everyone!! Goodnight!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment