Friday, August 02, 2013

Exciting News!!! Jost Running

In my last post,I provided information on different virtual races that I will be doing in the next few months to provide me with the motivation (ahem, bling) to get me to race day at Walt Disney World...but I also wanted to find a way that I could do so and give back.

I am happy to announce that I was selected to evaluate a virtual racing company for the next few months, Jost Running (www.jostrunning.com).  They are a mother and daughter team, Cynthia and her daughter Courtney, who wanted to provide a way for runners to "race" without the economic burden of destination races.  As Courtney says, "I love to compete against other runners, and I love getting medals for it, but don't have the time or the money to be constantly traveling to run."  She adds, "Running is a sport that can be played anywhere, so sometimes I feel ridiculous when I take a plane, a train, and a car to run 13 miles when I am completely capable of doing that distance in my own neighborhood."  Makes sense, doesn't it!!  

Jost Running is launching its inaugural monthly virtual races this August by partnering with the ALS Association to raise money for the charity.  In celebration of the end of summer and recognizing Lou Gehrig, the baseball player that put ALS on the map, August runs will be themed for his sport.  The "Home Run" race series consists of a 5K, 10K, Half, and Full Marathon, each to be completed, at a time and location chosen by the individual, within their designated seven day race week.  I have chosen to run the 10K and the Half.

Here is my 10K bib:



Here is my finisher's medal (also provided in last post):



I am really excited to be partnering up with this great company, and I recommend that you seriously consider registering for this series - different medals for Half and Marathon too!!  :-)

You can find them on Face Book as well: 


No comments: