Well, I know that I said I just didn't know if a marathon was right for me any longer after I broke my foot, but I think it was because no marathon was going to be good enough...except the one I didn't finish - or rather didn't start. And that is when I dug down deep inside me last night and pulled out the raw feelings and emotions of how I truly felt about not completing that race, and Matt and I talked. He paused for about 15 seconds after I told him my thoughts and said, "Let's do it! I am going to do it with you!" I sat there and cried! It is what I have wanted, but I knew that Matt wasn't totally sold on going back to Florida and I really didn't have anyone that would do it with me, so I just buried the feelings. When he was so open and supportive last night, I knew that this is it. This is the race I am supposed to do. :-)
Today is 4th of July and we are going to just chill during the day and then go and see the fireworks out on Tempe Town Lake with the SUPs. It should be a really fun day...I get my husband an extra day this week!
Happy Independence Day everyone!!



No comments:
Post a Comment