Friday, June 21, 2013

Ahhhh Summer!

So summer is going so awesome!  The kids have been here for a week now and everything is down to a really nice schedule.  They have finally gotten used to the time zone and we are not falling asleep at 7 and waking up at 5!  :-)

The first weekend (well, it technically was only Sunday) we just hung around the house and had some much needed R&R.  The kids are still loving the pool and we are still having our nightly summer swim-offs.



The basketball hoop that Santa brought the kids is getting a lot of use.  Tyler is getting a little tall for the current height, but it is just right for Melissa, so I think we will leave it the way it is, at least for now.  We are getting pretty good at finding the best sunscreen for water too.  Thus far, Neutrogena Sunscreen - Beach Defense is the best...and we are using it for paddling now which pushes any sunscreen to the "stay-on" limits!

My running took a back seat just a little this week...I have only ran 6.2 thus far.  However, I do plan on getting to the gym tonight.  My goal will stay at 20 miles weekly until June 30th, and then it will go up to 25.  September is coming up on us quickly, and I need to start training now.  Goooooo feet!!  :-)

We SUP'ed 4 miles last week...definitely not enough for this girl.  We are heading out to Canyon Lake tomorrow so the kids can try it (they are going to love it!) and then I have a New Moon Paddle on Sunday night so there will be more paddling which makes me happy.  I love my new sport!



No comments: