I am tired. The infamous second accounting exam is over. After studying until 10:30 PM on Saturday night @ the Hayden Library, and repeating the same schedule on Sunday, I felt pretty confident about the material. Our study group was amazing. We really pulled it together for many MANY hours!
When I got the exam this morning, I did the written problems right away. Flew through them! The multiple choice were a little more difficult, but all-in-all, I think I did a pretty solid job. I sent an email to the professor asking when we would know our scores because it is killing me not to know. She said next Tuesday...she noted that she hoped I did good as well. :-) That made me feel good! The study group is going to stick together for the remainder of the semester. We make a pretty good team!!
I have one more mid term exam tomorrow in my Financial Markets and Institutions class. I feel pretty confident in that class. Plus, I have one exam I can throw away if I need to - that may be the one.
My running is going well. I was unable to make my long run last night because of my exam and Halloween. I will be doing it tonight. I did pay the extra money and purchased a digital copy of me crossing the finish line @ Detroit. I really love that picture...and I'll tell you why.
Three years ago, I was physically a mess. I thought the answer to a healthier self image was "dieting" (or rather starving). The only time I was happy was when I would jump on the scale and it would read a pound lighter than it did the time before. And if you would have asked me to run a long distance I would have told you I couldn't because ______ (you fill in the blank). Those days are LONG gone! In fact, I am not even sure why I get on the scale any more. My days now are planning when I can fit my next run into my school schedule and registering for the next race. I look at pictures like the one above and think to myself, "Gosh, that is REALLY me! I had just ran 13.1 miles, and I am still smiling!!" It just warms my entire body thinking about it. Am I a skinny mini? Nope! and don't want to be. I am healthy, strong, happy me...and I don't wanna be anybody different!!
Halloween was a total bummer this year because of my exam, but I was able to get out of the house for about 2 hours and visit with our neighbors (and have one beer). Matt fits in really well with all the guys, and I love that. We are much closer to our neighbors here then we ever were back in MI, but I also think it has a lot to do with being outside because of the weather. We met the new couple across the street, and I absolutely adore the wife. She is such a sweet woman. I can see us being friends.
Matt is in Detroit for the next two days for a meeting. He was very excited to see the kids. He was planning on taking them to dinner tonight, and I believe Melissa had a soccer game. Mom and Dad will be at the house when I get home. I can't wait to see them! It has been too long!! They will be staying with us for the next two weeks...soaking in the beautiful weather. Only three more weeks and the kids will be here!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment