Friday, November 18, 2011

5.5 Miles on My New Shoes!


So, I got my new running shoes last night...for $30 off!  I was geeked.  Matt was pretty shocked.  He thought for sure that I would be spending my paycheck on running shoes...which I usually do.  :-)  Funny enough, I bought the wrong shoes.  However, the ones I purchased were just named the best shoe in the world (click here for information)...are you kidding me?  Even better!  I had thoughts about taking them back because I don't like changing what works well, but I decided to test drive them instead, and I was pleasantly surprised.  I usually do my short quick run on Wednesday/Thursday, but I was comfortable in my new shoes, breathing well, and enjoying it way too much.  It was gorgeous outside!  You couldn't have ask for a nicer evening.  NOW I know why I love living here.  Only 16 more days for the race.  I am excited.  I am going to run another 6-8 miles tonight.  I want to get some wear on these shoes.


Mom and Dad have been gone now for a couple of days, and the house is so quiet again.  Can you believe that when I got home the last evening they were here, they surprised us with all our patio furniture cushions?  I was blown away.  We needed new cushions terribly because the sun had bleached out the ones we had.  Plus, they were the original ones that Matt had at the Troy home, so they were just simply old.  The new ones are beautiful; I love them.  I am so thankful to have Mom and Dad.  They are the best in-laws in the world.


Thankfully, the kids will be here in only a few days.  We have an entire weekend filled for them of fun activities.  I think it will be a nice little break for them (and us!).  I miss them...I miss them so much.


Only a couple more weeks of school...the tension has begun.  I am doing some extra credit on campus tomorrow for my Finance 331 class...it should be interesting.  I really have grown to enjoy being a student of ASU.  This weekend is the ASU / UofA Game.  Go Devils.  Beat the Wildcats!  No pity for the kitty!!!  :-)

No comments: