
Matt, Murph a I went on an amazing hike Saturday. We Started at the Roger's Trough Trailhead, headed down 109 and then finished off on 110. The trail ended at Angel's Basin and the 600 year old Salado indian ruins - cliff dwellings. I did not know that there were other cliff dwellings besides the ones found at Tonto National Monument, but I was pleasantly mistaken. Not only were we able to explore without being held back behind red tape, but we were able to view pieces of pottery and even an arrowhead. We respectfully enjoyed what others before us had left behind, and then we did the same. :-)
The most amazing thing about this hike was all the way down the trail we were able to enjoy the waterfalls. There was a lot of water that fed the canyon all the way down to the ruins. We did take a few opportunities to cool ourselves off - it was a very hot Saturday!!!
Sunday, Matt and I met Kristy, Chad, Shane and Jake at the Lakeside Grill at Club West Golf Club for Mother's Day Brunch. The weather was absolutely beautiful (and can you believe that view?), the food was really great...but the company was the best! :-) Matt and I had a really great time. I am so glad that Kristy asked if I wanted to share my day with her. We finished off the day with a one hour Skype call with the kids. If I can say that there is anything good that came out of us not being with the kids any longer in Michigan is the fact that I get to spend a little time with them on Mother's Day...never got that in Michigan. It was great. Tyler and I spent some time doing multiplication and division...he is so smart!
It was by far the best Mother's Day I have ever had; it was a day I won't forget soon.
This week has started out pretty rough...do you know what is worse for a Finance Analyst than the last part of the fiscal year and closing the books? The first part of the next fiscal year and getting the budgets set! I hope it gets better!! I don't know if I can take another three days of this.
What's getting me through you might ask????? :-) Four more days and we get the baby!!!!! So so excited!

2 comments:
You are a great mom. I'm glad you got to talk to them Mother's Day also. I'd like more information on your hike. Was it close to the Tonto ruins we saw?
Kathleen, I forgot to mention the details of this to you. If you want to do some reading beforehand, go here: http://hikearizona.com/decoder.php?ZTN=106 (hikearizona.com - Roger's Canyon). I also believe you bought the Hiker's Guide to the Superstition Wilderness (with Reavis on the front)? If you go to page 273, there is a huge section on it.
Post a Comment