Sunday, June 13, 2010

June Update


Things have been absolutely crazy busy the past month. I have officially been accepted into the W. P. Carey Business School @ ASU, Lily is now part of our family and doing fantastic, I bought a new camera (finally), we have been busy working on the house in anticipation of the children's arrival in two weeks, and finishing up a few books that I wanted to start before summer was in full swing.

Officially a Sun Devil!
After much hoop jumping (I was accepted as a Bachelor of Arts student, but they wouldn't let me start a Bachelor of Science program without knowing what percentile I was in high school...yeah, you heard me right, high school!), I will start back to school in the fall as a Junior Finance student. I have orientation and sit down with a counselor on June 30th, and at that time will also finalize all the last ASU requirements - proof of MMR and get my Sun Card for access to facilities. I am absolutely ecstatic that I am going to officially graduate from a true 4 year university! I never thought I would, and was told at a very young age I wouldn't, and I am going to prove everyone, most importantly myself, that I can do anything I set my mind to!

Lily's Homecoming
Wow! To sum up how the past month has been with our little girl you only have to say two words - pure bliss! She brings us laughter, friendship (especially for Baxter), love, and just whole girliness! She is the opposite of Baxter in so many ways, and it is good. They compliment each other so well. She has already gone to the vet twice, and Dr. Bode is very happy with her progress (she has gained three pounds!). She has one more visit in three weeks before we schedule her surgery. Baxter accompanied her on this last visit and had his Junior Wellness Exam. We should know the results of his blood work in a few days. They both took their heartworm medication like troopers last night, both got teeth brushed and hair combed today, and are looking quite spiffy! I knew that life would be good with another, but life is GREAT!

New Camera
We finally went and bought me a new camera - watch out world! :-) We chose the Canon G11, and have really been happy with it thus far. I have started to read study guides on how to take better pictures and understanding exposure. I have already learned a lot, and am seeing improvements in my picture taking capabilities. Matt likes the fact that I have a newfound hobby. He says he hopes it keeps me away from scrubbing the floors as much as I do!

Kids Homecoming!!!!
I can't put into words how happy and excited I am for the kids to come home for a while. It has been hell since February with all the court stuff (of which, nothing is still resolved), and we are just going to be glad to have them in AZ territory for a while. They are excited as well, and keep talking about all the fun stuff they want to do. The first couple of days we are going to coordinate with Nana Kathleen because luckily she will be in town as well (I love it when everything goes so well).

Two Books
This update is mostly for you Tiff! :-) I read Sophie's 20's Girl and also Sleeping Arrangements by her other pen name (Wickam, spelling?). Both of which were spectacular!!!! I recommend you read 20's Girl for sure - she keeps you laughing through the whole book. I read it in two days!!!!

Well, that is about it for the updates. Love and miss everyone a lot!!! XOXO

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

thanks for the book recommendations :) i was just looking at Twentie's Girl the other day. now i have a 40% off coupon :)

glad things are going well for you! i love reading your updates!!! we need to chat soon :)