Saturday, February 14, 2009

Made It To Arizona

Well, the past couple of days have been quite hectic. Mostly getting ready to make it down here. I am happy to announce that Matt and I are together right now. He has already gotten used to the time change, so he is sleeping...I, on the other hand, have not. :-)

Matt made it into the Phoenix area yesterday around 4:00 pm and my plane landed at 10:10. Matt got to work right away on trying to find an apartment. In fact, by the time he picked me up he had already looked at two and found 5 more on the hotel computer that allowed temporary leases. He did go and look at my favorite, the one in Ahwatukee, and he said that it was really really nice. The leasing rep also said that she could get us in by Sunday which is a total bonus since Matt is driving around with his life in the Commander.

So today will be nothing but apartment shopping until we find one. I am very optimistic that we will. God has helped us in so many ways with this move that I believe if he has gotten us this far, he won't leave us homeless :-)

Update on jobs - Matt has heard from Jeff, his new boss, and they are "getting his new computer and desk in his office." Finally, something that sounds concrete! Matt is starting on the 17th, after President's Day (they have the day off). As far as me, I am still in limbo. However, I am very very optimistic that I should hear news by next week. I also believe that it will be good news. Nissan works a fiscal year and not a calendar year, so our fiscal year is getting ready to end in March. I believe the reason that I have not heard anything is due to them always making changes like this at fiscal end. Since I gave them a time frame of end/April, if they are going to move me they will do it at the beginning of the fiscal year beginning/April to cause less distractions and to align with how we do business. We did get clarification from our executives on the terrible "20,000 headcount loss" headline on Monday morning. Thankfully, at this time, only about 1,200 of that total number will be US employees, and we were told that they have already successfully met that target. So, at this time, we are safe. However, if the economy continues to take a down swing, we may see more reductions. I hope not...even if they do not transfer me. I would hate to see any of my fellow colleagues lose their jobs.

Well, it is about 6:30 now and I should start to get myself ready for a long day. Matt said that he would like to get the day started at 8:00. Of course, he is still sleeping.

I hope everyone has a great Valentines Day. Miss and love everyone!

No comments: