Sunday, February 22, 2009

Last Room Before the Sign

So, I decided that I wanted to try to take on the bathroom myself, so this passed week, I started to rip things off the walls and patch holes. I know that Matt will be back in less than two weeks, but I figure that the more work I can do, the less work he has to do. That way, he can spend time with us instead of working on the house. I am pretty proud of the work that I have done thus far...and I think that Matt would be also. (I guess I will know when he reads this and sees the pictures :-) )

So, here is my start:


I have taken down the towel rack and toilet paper dispenser under the window and have filled the holes. I have also patched the areas where the shower curtain was, so that is why it is on the tile right now.


Reworked the corner behind the toilet. As you can see, I haven't replaced the faucets yet, that will be last with the blinds.


You can see it better here.


I have taken out the light fixtures and medicine cabinet. I sanded down the ridges around the light fixtures and it is now ready for primer paint. I am having some friends help me with the hole from the medicine cabinet. I believe there will be a bigger hole tomorrow (according to how they advise me to patch the hole). I am excited to try to take this on. I think this will be the hardest thing I will take on. I am also moving the mirror over to the left a bit to frame it.


I am replacing the the mirrored door with a six panel like the rest of the house.

I will continue to take pictures of my progress. I am very excited to take this challenge on myself. I know that Matt is a bit worried, but I really want to try this myself. I really believe that I can do it.

I have spent a lot of time on the phone with Matt today. Finding an area that we like in Phoenix has been a little difficult. There are so many houses to choose from. We are not actually looking at houses yet, we just want to get an idea of area. Matt and I promised each other we would not get excited about a house yet, until there was activity on ours...which takes the house being on the market. The bathroom has to be finished first...good motivation, right? I believe so!

That is all for now :-)

No comments: