Tuesday, January 01, 2013

A "Fresh" New Start

Happy 2013 Everyone!!

Wow, I am just so excited for this new year.  So many things that I want to do now that school is done...more hiking, learning how to swim so that I can compete in a triathlon,  learn how to SUP board, kayak, training for my first marathon in October with my husband, cooking more...the list just goes on!

My first endeavor takes me to the end of the first month of the year...I will be juice fasting the whole month of January.  I know, it sounds absolutely crazy, but I have been having some problems, and I am hoping this can alleviate most of the issues.  I just finished reading "Juicing, Fasting, and Detoxing for Life" and think that my biggest problem is my colon.  Without getting into too many details, I think a colon detox is the route that I need to ensure getting my body off to the right start this year.  My journey will be documented throughout the month so that I can teach and share my experiences with anyone that may think this is what they might need to do...

Book Cover


DAY #1
So, Matt made me breakfast this morning (he is being super supportive)...it wasn't so bad.  On page 154 of the book, he prepared The Colon Cleanse Juice Cocktail.  It consisted of the following:

1 cucumber
1 handful of spinach
1 handful of parsley
1 stalk of celery
1/2 a lemon

Now, I know that this sounds just disgusting, but it wasn't all that bad.  Matt and I have been juicing for about a month now and believe me, there have been worst...much worse.

I am still trying to find the products and supplements I need to complete the detox completely, but I wanted to start the juicing as soon as possible.  This has been a total learning experience thus far, and I am looking forward to absorbing all this new information in order to make my body healthy and pure.

Side effects - I have cut out all caffeine from my diet so as to avoid any unnatural stimulants, and have felt slight withdrawal.  I haven't had any pop in about 3 months (because I won't support any of those big corporations anymore) and I haven't had any coffee or caffeinated tea in a few days.  I know this will be the hardest addiction for me to overcome because I love my coffee in the morning.  Thankfully, I can drink herbal tea (which is tea without any tea in it, LOL), so I can still have a hot beverage in the morning on my way to work since it is quite chilly here now, and I really like having that 'luxury' on my way to work.  

I will keep everyone updated on my progress.  My next "meal" comes in an hour.  :-)

May each of you have a WONDER and BLESSED new year.  I love each and every one of you!

Livvie

No comments: