Monday, June 04, 2012

It's Official - Matt's Taking on His First Half Marathon!



Now, everyone knows that I am not the fastest thing in the world.  I have never really cared much about that.  I just LOVE to run; the farther, the better.  And during a half, I love the experience my body goes through from mile 1 to mile 13.  It is such a great high!


Matt had started to run with me at the end of last year.  At first it was just the smaller races, but he has taken on larger races lately.  I have FINALLY persuaded him to run a half.  I officially registered him today.  The cute dialogue went like this (I cut and paste from email):


Me:  Quick question...do you want me to register you for Wine & Dine?


Him:  yes please.  going to race against the wife ;-)


Matt and I do have activities that we enjoy by ourselves, but I am very fortunate that we enjoy so many of the same things.  I am so happy that he is doing this with me.  And what better place than my favorite place on earth!  We have decided we will make it a mini vacation as well.  I am so excited!!

No comments: