Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My Sole Mate

Well, we are back from the northern cold. Besides having a delayed flight back into Phoenix for a few hours, everything went great! We had a wonderful weekend with the kids that included another great basketball game in which Tyler contributed with 6 baskets, watching Melissa grow at her soccer practices, and a trip to the local police station with Tyler's Boy Scout Troop - and that was just the icing!

Thought you might like this highlight picture:


He made this one.

After Tyler's game on Saturday morning, we headed up to Ludington to spend time with Dean, Cinda, the boys and Kami. We had A LOT of fun!!! The girls put on singing performances for us, the boys (and me) went skiing at Caberfae and we finished off the visit with pizza on Sunday night - the boys' favorite!

Monday, early afternoon, we were back on the road headed to Tyler's Boy Scout field trip and Melissa's practice. Both were done early enough for us to head on over to the Wilson's home for some fun. The kids enjoyed each other's company for a few hours and then it was sleep over time! :-) Tuesday before we had to head back to the airport, the kids were able to have breakfast and lunch together and went and played at the Bounce House in Utica. Everyone got along really well. It was a great visit.

We are always so appreciative of our family and friends that let us stay with them while we are in Michigan. Due to the ice shutting down the ferry, it made it impossible to stay with Mom and Dad on the island. Thanks Wilson family for helping us out this season with the inclement weather.

There are a lot of great pictures (and video too!) of all the fun we had this past weekend, and I will post as soon as I can. :-)

Today, it was back to the old grind...but it was actually a really easy day back. Work was quiet, and I was able to get caught up by mid-day. I was able to go and pick Baxter up at lunch AND make it home at the regular time.

Matt surprised me and decided he was going to run with me this evening. Thank goodness he did! Did you see my time posted to the left?!? I am almost at a 10 minute mile with him!!!! I put in all the calculations...and retyped them because I thought for sure SOMETHING must be mistyped. Nope, my honey pushed me my hardest today...and I am SO GLAD that he did. He is my "sole" mate. My forever friend. I love you baby!

Today's run definitely upped the ante for the rest of the week, but I know that if I can do it once I can do it again. Two more months before Pat's run, and I know that I can make my goals. My knees are a little sore tonight, but I took my "old people's medicine" as Matt calls it and some pain meds before lounging for the night. I will feel good as new for tomorrow...or at least good enough to run the best that I can tomorrow!

Goodnight all...sleep well! xoxo

No comments: