So the past week has been a little difficult for me to get back on track after Mom and Dad left. It hasn't helped that I have been working SO MANY hours at work...and after work, and on the weekends...I think you get the point. I have allowed other people to dictate how my days were going to be orchestrated. Well, not any more. I know how I feel when I exercise every day, and I miss that so much.
So, today was my first day back. I ran at work during lunch through the fields by the HSO. Gosh, did it feel GREAT! I have decided that dailymile.com is the easiest application to use to track my progress, so I will continue to use that from now on. I really like the fact that you can change the map from street mode, satellite and hybrid. It is pretty cool. I have also placed a widget on my blog page...to see my progress, but much more to keep me accountable.
My eating is again back on track too. I drank my breakfast (three cups of skim milk - lots of protein and packs in a lot of calories to keep me full until lunch), had oatmeal for lunch and dinner consisted of a 3 ounce pork chop and a cup of whole grain brown rice. My only snack today was dehydrated apple chips on my way home from work. I even drank my 12 glasses of water! The only thing I have to give up (again) is my coffee. I had switched officially to only loose leaf tea (my favorite - teavana) the week before Christmas, but with all of this working overtime, I had switched back. I will probably try next Monday. I am really weird like that...must start something new at the beginning of the week :-)
We are heading up to Michigan for an extra long weekend to ski with Matt's brother and his family. We are super excited to see Melissa and Tyler! There has been a lot of stuff going on lately, so it will be nice for Matt and I to have some one-on-one time with the kids, and to also have some fun with our family.
I must get to bed. I hope everyone is having a great week!

No comments:
Post a Comment