So, I wanted to post a few pictures of me at the beginning of the year, so that I have a good visual "line in the sand." :-) I have started a new approach to working out and getting in shape and I think it is going to work better than anything I have done thus far. Don't get me wrong, I am in the best shape I have ever been in. I have been pretty consistent with working out at least 5 times a week since my move out to AZ and I am now up to running 6 miles a day. However, I have some goals that I really want to obtain, both short and long term. I hope to look at these pictures in one year and say, "Wow! That is what I looked like?" I am more determined and passionate about this now than ever. I think I can do this...I know I can!
January started the fourth quarter in our fiscal year which came a lot of added work and stress with my job. That is what has pushed the new change. I love my new job, so I want to give my all there, but with living in Phoenix it is so hard to want to stay at the office...or at least stay motivated as everyone else walks out the door at 4:00 p.m. and the sun is shining and it is 72 degrees - in January! Last week left me disappointed at myself because I only got to run once because my job kept me to the late hours of the night. So, I came up with a compromise to myself starting this week! I cut up my workouts throughout the day. If some unforseen occurrence happens that keeps me late at the office, I have at least ran for 30 minutes (a little more than 2 miles) at lunch. That will be my minimum - some people's max for the day! I won't feel let down that I didn't get to work out which in turn won't ruin my mood for the rest of the day. Today, not only did I run 30 minutes at lunch, but then ran with Baxter (yes, my little guy runs and he doesn't poop out!) for 43 minutes AFTER work - about 5.5 miles today total - and it was easy peasy!! I finished my run, made dinner, and then welcomed Matt home as he returned from the gym himself. We ate dinner, enjoyed a glass of vino and then got prepared for tomorrow - very relaxed and refreshed. I like this new schedule.
My first short term goal is Pat's Run on April 17th - Matt's birthday. It is in honor of Pat Tillman, football player, who died while fighting for our freedom. It is 4.2 miles, which won't be difficult, but I am now training for time. I have only timed myself once...which was about a month ago. I will time myself again at the end of the month.
My second goal is to learn beginners yoga. I have ALWAYS said I wanted to learn, but this time I am going to do it!!! I may take a class or two, but first short short term goal is to buy one DVD - recommendations please! - and start with that in my home. I know that I have asked before...will someone help me remember which ones you said were good? :-)
My long term goal - The PF Chang Marathon in January of 2011 - right before our cruise in March. I am hoping that by that time I won't even recognize my own body. Gosh, I would LOVE that!!!!!
I am going to start logging my progress, so that everyone can help cheer me on. You have always been a really good cheering squad - it is always appreciated :-)
Now I must give myself the love of a good night's rest. Night!

No comments:
Post a Comment