Tonight was such an interesting night...very insightful to say the least. I talked with someone that knows my family, but not well enough to understand the dynamics...but knows one member very well. It is amazing to hear how we have all suffered through the years. It makes me think...
...What would life have been like if we were raised as children and young adults to believe we could be good enough?
...To learn from a very young age to love - love beyond all else? Love unconditionally?
...To forgive?
...What would life have been like if we learned from infancy that the Lord sacrificed his life for the sins of the world? That with a crown of thorns and nail-driven hands and feet OUR sins are washed away...yes, each and every one of us.
I am thankful...so very thankful...that the Lord showed me the way. That I did seek, and I did find. And that I have a personal relationship with him, my heavenly Father. He knows my name, he knows my weaknesses, and he knows when I hurt. He knows when I am lonely...and reassures me that I am not alone. We are never alone. He knows my heart...he is the only one.
"I have found the paradox that if I love until it hurts, then there is no hurt, but only more love." Mother Teresa
I will love until it hurts...because the hurt is disapating...and there is nothing but love.
Good night everyone!

2 comments:
"...What would life have been like if we were raised as children and young adults to believe we could be good enough?"
i have talked about this very subject many times and the answer that most makes sense to me is that you have to become the parents you always wanted, for yourself and for your own children, along with God.
i'm sorry you had it rough. i don't know the story, but i read the pain here.... and the hope. my doctor has told me repeatedly there are two kinds of people in the world: hopeful and hopeless. i am glad you have hope.
Tiffany...I need a true friend today. Can I call you?
Post a Comment