Sunday, November 08, 2009

My Husband Made Me Coffee!


It has been a really great two weeks since I last posted. Halloween was a lot of fun (well, not as much fun as it could have been with the kids, but none-the-less) and we actually had a few treaters - I only had a few pieces of candy left! That made me much happier. We started out the weekend with a carving party at Bryan and Becky's. They have absolutely the cutest daughter, Abbie. She has such great manners and is a pleasure to be around...but Becky and Bryan are really great people, so it isn't a surprise. Saturday we were invited to Fred and Barb's for dinner and then we handed out candy. We ended the night at Nicole and Paul's with a bon fire and some spirits and we got to meet a few of our neighbors...good finale. Amanda was able to join us also which just put the frosting on the cake. I was glad that we got to spend the evening together. She is such a great friend :-)


Last weekend we also received our 5 roses from Ryan. They are being nursed back to health after the traumatic move, but I think they will survive. They are very pretty. We placed 3 by the hot tub and 2 by the dining room porch. It was very kind of Ryan to give them to us. We are very appreciative.


Kristy and I continue to hike almost every weekend on South Mountain. The weather has gotten cooler which contributes to a pleasant trek - not to mention the company is great!! The girls and I are still walking/running at lunch too! I am really proud of Julie. She continues to push herself and says she loves the way she is feeling - go Julie! I continue to run every evening either on Telegraph Pass or Desert Classic...the latter is a little easier on the joints, so I have been doing that more frequently. I am now up to 55 minutes non-stop...more than I have ever done in the past. It makes me feel really good that I can do it. I sorta feel like I can accomplish anything now...I am eager to push myself to the next level. I welcome the challenge.


Thursday was Rock Bottom's Harvest Brewer's Dinner. It was a fabulous evening! The food (5 course meal) was spectacular and the beer selection was great. We met a few new people too that were a lot of fun. We exchanged phone numbers, and hopefully we will all get to hang out again soon.


This past Saturday Matt, Murph, Amanda and I took a day trip to Jerome. We sampled some of the local fair (The Haunted Hamburger) and shopped in all the small boutiques around the town. It was a very fun day. I recommend to anyone that is looking for a great day trip to check out Jerome - the galleries/talent is just as good as Sedona at half the hype/price. You can find something unique for everyone on your Christmas list. We finished our day at a local Phoenix sushi restaurant...what a great day.


Today has been a catch up day...and it started with Matt making me coffee - first time ever! Woke up and was posting all of the pictures, when I smelled something. Then it hit me. Matt was on the back porch, and asked him if he had made me coffee, and he said yes! I was so surprised. It was very thoughtful of him.
Matt and I got all of our chores done, including the complete clean-out of the garbage compactor...disgusting...and then got ready for our Skype call with the kids. Then, all of a sudden Matt starts getting sick. He has been asleep ever since. Soooo, it has been a quiet remainder of the night. I will finish with packing my lunch and laying out my clothes...Flylady would be proud. Speaking of which, check out the Phoenix newspaper this weekend. There is a write up on her and how great her system is...and you ladies tease me! :-)

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

i am glad you are doing well! it sounds like you are settled in and in for the long trek of daily life now :) you seem happier than i have ever seen you :)