House - Matt is still working on the tree in the front yard and the hot tub. The tree is finally starting to look good. He has all of the decorations out, and has impressed some of our neighbors. Matt thinks he has FINALLY figured out the hot tub - a valve is not working correctly. However, I think that he has agreed to call in an expert (thank goodness!). We finally got our dryer, and the washer doesn't look so lonely in the laundry room. Sorry Mom, forgot to tell you last night. I will take pictures tonight and update the left side - look for at "Updates to House." I am learning that the only thing I really do not like about AZ is the dust. Man, what is up with it. I wash my floors constantly and my floors are still filmy. I have been talking with a few of the ladies here and they have given me their advice. I think that I will need to get an interim sweeper/duster for the floors in between washes. Rubber Made makes a pretty good one (Kelly - our cleaning lady at work swears by it, so does Julie). I guess I can purchase it at Home Depot. The advantage that one has is that you can put your own cleaner in it. It is worth a try - anything is at this point! :-)
Friends - We are starting to meet new people and get invited to different activities which helps with the home sickness of not having our friends. We had a really nice evening last Saturday with our next-door-neighbors Bryan and Becky and their adorable daughter Abbie (I hope I am spelling that right). We hung out a little and chit-chatted at their house, and then headed to Arriba for dinner. It was really great to get to know them better...and the food was great! We hope to hang with them again soon. While outside today, Paul from down the street came and introduced himself. He is the father of the little boy I teased over the fence a couple of weeks ago, Preston. They are originally from Chicago (go figure; no one is ACTUALLY from AZ). It just so happens they have a daughter named Olivia also. He invited us down to their home on Halloween. He told us to bring a bottle...told you we were going to fit in well here! LOL. He said everyone pretty much congregates there, brings their candy, the kids run around (it is not like any of them could really get lost in such a small gated community), and then finish the night there. I sort of feel a little embarrassed...I was SO WORRIED about Halloween being lame this year because of being in a small community. I guess I had nothing to worry about.
Hiking - Wow, what an amazing hike we had yesterday. I hope you check out the pictures. The Fall colors were ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! Who says you can't have color here like you do in Michigan? Not me! We hiked for a little over 4 hours up the Mogollon Rim near Payson. If you are looking for color in AZ, don't look any further. I am not sure where we will head next weekend, but I hope it is as good as Saturday. We had such an enjoyable time!
I have been running every day at lunch with the girls, and running up Telegraph Pass to Dobbins Peak and then back down every night. It is a great workout and I burn major calories!!! I think I finally found my workout regime that I have always been looking for. I am starting to feel so powerful...my legs are turning rock hard, my thighs are starting to slim down, and teaching my body to breath more steadily has really pushed me to the next level. I am registering for the Pat Tillman next year, but everyone thinks that I need to do something else. We shall see...I just want to work on my timing up and down the mountain right now and my heart rate. My goal is 40 minutes without my heart rate going over 150. Right now, I am at 50 minutes and 154 BPM. I know I can push myself to get to that goal. If I have learned anything from the past month is that I can do it!
Tomorrow is another Monday...not looking forward to it, but it is another day towards seeing the kids...Thanksgiving is just around the corner now. I welcome Fall with open loving arms!
Liv

No comments:
Post a Comment