Sunday, March 30, 2014

Copy Cat Whole Foods Salmon Spread

Lately, Matt has been picking up this salmon spread at Whole Foods.  Okay, I will admit it...I got him hooked on it back in February ((blushing)).  It's SUPER delicious, but SUPER expensive.  I figured there has to be someone out there that thinks the same way...so I set out on a quest to find a good copy cat!  This is what I came up with - Cooking on the Ranch had the one closest to the ingredients.  It is super good!  She didn't provide the nutritional information, so I did what I do best, and got out an Excel spreadsheet and chugged the numbers.  Here is what I came up with:





This is an easy recipe and WAY cheaper (50%)...and I know what is in it, and that is more important to me than anything!  

I will continue to play with this recipe (and review others' versions).  I really like chives instead of dill, so I will try modifying this recipe that way next time.  I will continue to modify this post as I come up with better ideas.

Enjoy!


No comments: