Friday, September 27, 2013

Soaring Through Belle Isle - Again?

So I loved the race route so much last weekend for the Detroit Women's Half Marathon that I decided to run it again for my Jost Running Soaring Virtual 10K that I signed up to complete this week.  You know, when talking about virtual races, people always speak to "where," but what about "when?"  Today, I completed my 10K in my living room, during my lunch break...LOL, not only did I not need to travel, but I didn't have to take any extra time out of my day to do it!  I really wanted to get outside this morning, but it didn't happen...but it didn't affect me in getting my miles accomplished!!  Here is a recap:

Jost Running puts so much effort into giving you an amazing experience when you run their virtual races:

Here is my personalized bib that they created just for me - 



This is the map of my run from my iFit account.  If you have a treadmill, and you don't know what iFit is, you are totally missing out!  I can run anywhere in the world on my treadmill and it mocks the course - and the elevation:


  
And here are my results:



I didn't do as well as I had hoped, but I think I am losing both of my second toenails.  they are a pretty shade of purple, and the tops hurt a little...so I definitely deserve this:



It is a little smaller than the one I will receive from my half marathon, but I like the colors and the detail.  Jost Running gives out some super cool medals!  

Oh, and did I mention that they will actually post your results on their web site like a real race?  Most virtuals don't do that.  I really like that.  It keeps you committed to pushing yourself just a little harder.

All-in-all I am really proud of my miles this week coming off a half marathon.  I ran 6 on Tuesday, 6.4 today, and I will round out my week with 11 on Sunday.  It has been a great week.

If you want to know more about Jost Running...and believe me, you want to get into the action for their Octoberfest virtuals...head on over to www.JostRunning.com.

Happy Running!

2 comments:

Running With The Girls said...

Congrats on completing your 10k at home!!!

Olivia said...

Thanks Jen!! I appreciate the support!!