Saturday, October 20, 2012

My Cupcake Run & New Chili Recipe



So, tonight I ran my first Cupcake Classic Run.  I have done one other virtual run in the past; this one was by far the most fun.  I ended up running a total of 6.08 miles.  The weather is still a little warm (86 degrees), but I waited until the sun went down and enjoyed the sunset as I came around the back side of Desert Foothills.  We had a beautiful fall sky tonight.  I love running here.  We are so spoiled.  I don't miss the 40 degrees and rain in Michigan.  

I saw my first rattlesnake ever in the foothills tonight; it was a little scary.  He/she was crossing the sidewalk where I was finishing up my loop.  I stopped to let it cross.  I could definitely see the tail, so I know what it was.  There was a woman that I was passing after I saw it, and I stopped her to tell her to be careful.  She started laughing and said, "Time to turn around.  I didn't want to walk tonight anyway!"  It was just too nice of a night...I would have just been careful; I wouldn't have let it stop me.  :-)

Me right after my run

 Isn't my shirt cute?  :-)

I have to be honest though...I haven't had sweets like that in a long time and I didn't really enjoy it all that much.  I did get as healthy of a chocolate cupcake as I could get (didn't have time to make myself), with all natural ingredients, but it was just so super sweet.  Next time I will pick something more natural like carrot cake or banana...or I will be done with school and have the time to bake!  I had Mom's yellow cake and chocolate frosting last weekend and even that wasn't as sweet as this cupcake was.  I bought a four-pack.  I know Matt won't eat one, so it looks as though my friends at work will be getting them (LOL).


I finally made Kristy's bean-less chili tonight.  Well, it isn't Kristy's recipe (it is an Everyday Paleo recipe), but I got it from her.  Oh, it is so delicious!!  I figured out how to use my food processor tonight as well, so it was much easier to prepare than if I would have had to cut up all those carrots, onions and celery.  Yep, you heard right...celery.  And Matt at it!!!  I have been really proud of him lately.  With our changes in diet to organic and grass fed, he has really been more open and positive about trying new things.  It has been good all around for both of us.  I look forward to continuing to broaden my experience in the kitchen, and trying new things.  :-)

Well, it is getting really late, and I have a big day ahead of me tomorrow.  I hope everyone that is reading this is well and feeling loved.  More to come soon...

No comments: