Wednesday, July 27, 2011

2011 World Car of the Year - Nissan Leaf



Over the weekend I was able to bring home the new Leaf; Nissan's all-electric vehicle.  I have to say, this car is pretty cool!  With a 100-mile driving range, I was able to go to the gym and get home - about 42 miles - on Friday after work with plenty of electricity to spare.  However, I was home for the night, so I just plugged her in so she would be ready for Saturday.



It is seriously this easy - Plug this end into the car and the other end into your home outlet.  If you have ever used a countertop fryer, charged your cell phone or iPad, you have essentially done the exact same steps as what is required to charge your car...your car!  And the car only charged for about 3 1/2 hours because it was only 1/2 empty.

I was able to place the car on a timer so that it was cool when I was ready to take off on Saturday to do my shopping, and with four doors it made it very easy to get my purchases in and out of the car.  Another awesome change that is happening is the EV charging infrastructure that is coming to the valley.  It was very easy to find a place to charge while away from home. 

If you haven't had the opportunity to check the new Nissan Leaf out yet, be open minded and do so.  I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

No comments: