Thursday, September 03, 2009

Wow - Lots Has Happened!

So, I don't even know where to fill everyone in at this point :-) The past few weeks have just been a total blur...

As most of you know, we are now in our home in Ahwatukee. It is absolutely beautiful and everything I could ever have imagined our home to be. Matt is letting me take the reins and decorating to my liking...but it has a ways to go. Melissa's bedroom linens have been bought, but the decals need to be taken down from around the ceiling. Her ceiling fan also needs to be hooked up with the lights we bought her. However, all-in-all, her room is pretty much done. Which is what I promised her, so I am glad that we were able to get it done before we headed back to Michigan. Tyler's room is still up in the air. He is not sure what he wants to do, but he thinks that he wants his room to be centered around the lizard we are buying him at Christmas time. Yes, I know...Tyler is only at his home in Arizona so often, who will be taking care of this pet, you might ask...well, me of course :-) I actually don't mind. I have always wanted a lizard if the truth be known. I think Matt likes the idea too! We have been shopping around for ideas and showing him pictures online...now, he just has to pick.

Mom was able to stay until three days before we headed back to Michigan. We are there for the last week before school gets back in (for the kids). She was so helpful in getting things where they needed to be, and getting the house at least livable until I can figure out where everything needs to go. I am actually glad that things worked out the way they did because I can organize our home the way it should be...organized, LOL. Matt had such a bachelor pad before we got married and I had still not gotten the opportunity to go through everything. This way, I can look through every box and pitch what I want pitched and organize things if they need to be kept. It is sort of cool getting to go through everything...some things I didn't even realize we had...others, I thought I had thrown away already (like my first wedding album, LOL, wow) Matt and I have had a good laugh...but we will also have a nice bon fire!

We were able to sight-see a little more before we left Arizona including the Phoenix Zoo and Goldfield Ghost Town. We were also able to hit one of the water parks and have the children make their own pizzas (with Miss Amanda's help)at Rock to celebrate our new home. I think the kids had a good time. Matt and I are looking forward to them coming back home in December to celebrate Christmas. It should be a great time (plus, we won't be spending time moving into a new home). We already have a little list of places we would like to take them since the weather will be much milder. I think they are looking forward to it also.

As I mentioned, we are back in Michigan until September 7th. The weather has been a little chilly, but we packed accordingly. We have had fun fishing, bike riding up to town to get hand dipped ice cream, playing board games and the kids even got the chance to attend a special children's night at Mom and Dad's church. We were able to see Melissa at soccer practice on Tuesday night and will take her tomorrow night as well. Matt and I were even able to see some friends last weekend when we flew in. It was so nice to catch up with everyone and hang out. This weekend will be fun-filled with all of their cousins coming in tomorrow (We are very excited...Turkey Shoot on Harsen's Island!!!) and a little get-together at a friends' house on Friday. We will also be heading to the farm on Friday during the day to see Uncle Marvin. I really miss him and would love for him to see the kids. He thoroughly enjoys our visits.

The children found out who their teachers will be this year, so they are very excited about that as well. They are very happy now it is official...their names are on class rosters in Troy. We are very happy too! It is nice to know that they will be going to school with some children (and parents) that we already know. Plus, the principal was with us at the end of last year through the move, so she is aware of the changes in the kids' lives.

I have started to updated the pictures, but am not completely there yet. It is still hard for me to load the pictures with a Sony camera and my new laptop with Windows Vista that isn't compatible...plus, Mom has taken a billion pictures too, so I need to go through those.

I love each and every one of you so much, and thank you so much for your encouragement and love through this big change in our lives. There were many days that I called on a few of you for some advice and encouragement...and your love and support overflowed. I couldn't ask for better friends and family. Matt and I will never forget how supportive you have all been through this difficult time. With amazing people like yourselves in our lives we know we shall never be alone.

With love always...Liv

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

love the pics of your moving day! your house is beautiful and you have very nice furniture, so it all looks great!!!

hope you are having a nice time in Michigan. i really miss it this week, wish i could see you.